Thursday, May 8, 2008

Octavine Illustration




I admit, I'm very jealous of people with the ability to draw, paint, or otherwise illustrate. I never graduated past stick men, which is why I produce pieces using polymer clay and vintage bits and occasionally write my little stories and plays. I have always wanted to be able to express my thoughts in an illustration, and I'm always fascinated by others able to do just that.


There are a number of amazing painters and illustrators on etsy, one of which I have recently discovered is Octavine Illustration. Her work is focused on a renaissance of Art Nouveau, featuring flappers and incredibly vibrant colors, much like the drawings that I adore by Toulouse-Lautrec.



Based in Portland, OR, this shop sells, clothing, cards, journals, original paintings and prints featuring her incredible illustrations. Check out this shop!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thank you for your kind words. i feel most honored to be a feature on your lovely blog!~
cheers,
cara