Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Starbucks' New logo, and now this?

So have any of you heard about the newer, bigger Trenta size that Starbucks is now offering in select locations, to go nationwide in May? 

The new size is supposed to be 11 oz. bigger than the Venti -- that's almost a whole extra small cup! I realize that people need their caffeine, and many people drink something like a pot of coffee each morning, but is this really something to be encouraged? Particularly in light of how many calories are contained in some of their coffee drinks,  I imagine that the Trenta will go into the Baskin Robbins hall of fame as far as fatty drinks are concerned. 

I know that this same story is old...it seems every year some chain has a new horrifying thing on the menu, but I was hoping that our food was finally maybe moving in the right direction. And I know plenty of people who are happy about it. My husband, for instance, said "no such thing as too much coffee," so I'm sure that there will be plenty of people lined up for the Trenta. Except he doesn't really like Starbucks all that much (neither do I).

What do you think? Will you be buying the Trenta?

4 comments:

Erika Peterson said...

I think it's ridiculous. Though I still like Starbucks :) It's nice to know that every store you go to, you know what to expect.

Sophie P. said...

Drinking that much Starbucks coffee would cause me to have a heart attack while poo-ing. Sorry for the too much information section of that sentence. You'd have to drink it fast, I'd think, or it would get cold. I'm with Erika though, I still love Starbucks (even though I make fun).

Wandering Appalachian said...

I was thinking the same thing about it getting cold...and I really can't stomach reheated coffee.

Sophie P. said...

Agreed.