Monday, April 18, 2011

Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies for Japan!




In my do-gooder ways, I recently participated in Katie's bake sale fundraiser for Japan. To benefit Japan, she generously hosted an online bake sale, in which various participants (like me!) baked up vegan treats for bidders, with all proceeds going to Japan! I was more than excited to help out, and we managed to raise over $2500!

Totally awesome (did I just say that? Yes, I did!)! I volunteered with vegan peanut butter cookies, made with the following recipe. I really hope that the winner of my treats enjoys them! They are so easy, I thought I'd share!

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
sprinkle of sea salt

Preheat oven to 350. Blend together the peanut butter, sugar, water, and salt until smooth. Add flour and baking soda. Once they are well mixed, roll into small balls (or larger, depending on how big you want your cookies), and place onto a greased cookie sheet. Press down with a fork. Bake until edges are slightly brown (about 15 minutes). Allow to cool, and enjoy!!

No comments: