Friday, June 24, 2011

Unplugging


Lately, I’ve been very tired. I’m not sure really why, but I’ve been really, really dragging. I attribute it to the change of weather, but really, I think it’s from over-activity. I’ve been doing a lot of writing and blogging, as well as keeping up with other projects that I am doing and working full time.


The other night, I realized that I hadn’t sat down and just read in so long, mainly because I’ve been writing so much. So I just sat and read. I’ve been reading Sula by Toni Morrison off and on for the last few weeks, but I couldn’t really get into it. Reading it straight through allowed me to understand the story, to know the characters better, and to really appreciate what a wonderful writer that Ms. Morrison really is. After all, writers are usually avid readers, and I was really not fostering this aspect of my writing that much lately.

I’ve a list of things that I want to read, and since it’s summer, I’m planning on taking more time to read and enjoy. I’ll update of course, but I think that I need to slow my posting pace a bit. What do you think?

No comments: