Monday, September 5, 2011

My Father's Daughter


So....I'm probably going to get some flack for this, but I actually like Gwyneth Paltrow. I think that she's a good actress, picks interesting projects (hello Iron Man!), and I like that she seems to be pretty involved with her family. I mean, she might not be really, but I'll take her word for it. And she has a similar name to me!

I know that there was a lot of eye rolling when she launched her Goop.com website, and I was skeptical myself. However, I actually enjoy the recipe aspect of the website, and made a point of checking out her cookbook that was released this April.

Say what you want about Ms. Paltrow, these recipes are great. They are absolutely "normal" foods, like roasted chickens and salad dressings, and I like that there is a slightly healthy angle on the ingredients. Nothing crazy, but she makes small suggestions, like replacing corn syrup with healthier brown rice syrup. The best part is that the majority of the recipes are quite easy, and perfect for everyday. Her maple-dijon vinaigrette dressing will be a staple in my repertoire. I use her recipe for easy roasted chicken at least once a month for a nice Sunday dinner.

I like that she makes sure to pay due respect to the origin of the recipes as well, giving credit to the makers, such as her grandmother, or Jamie Oliver.  All in all, this is a great book to have as a resource. Yes, go ahead and snicker at me for liking Gwyneth. :) 

No comments: