Sunday, November 27, 2011

Purple Thursday

Instead of going out for Black Friday this year, I went to Purple Thursday. If you haven’t figured it out already, I’ll pontificate a bit on Purple Thursday. You see, stores started their sales incredibly early this year. In fact, a store that opened at 5 AM on Friday morning was viewed as a relatively sane practice, as opposed to stores like Wal-Mart, that didn’t bother to close on Thanksgiving, and started their sales at 10 PM on Thursday night! Therefore, Purple Thursday was born (my nephews and I created this term, for fun).


And of course, my sister had that all-important gift to retrieve, and since I was visiting her and her family for Thanksgiving, I tagged along for moral and physical support (more people to hold places in line!).

The prize? A 46” TV for $200! However, it was not to be, as we didn’t wait in line from 6 PM to 12 AM, when the sales at Best Buy and Target started. Seriously, that is just a bit too much for me. We got there at 10 PM, and saw Girl Scouts selling donuts and sodas (great idea! I would have bought some cocoa had they been selling that), and Target was passing out Luna bars for sustenance! Best Buy turned out to be a fail, as the desired TV sold out within 3 minutes, but Target was still a go, thanks to my husband being nice and holding a spot in line at Target!

The $200 TV wasn’t to be, but I did manage to snag a $265 Element for my sis, by simply walking in and grabbing an offered cart containing the item! Score!

Moreover, it was a nice memory to add to the list of goofy adventures with my sister!

No comments: