Thursday, June 3, 2010

In the Private Journal Setting

I've been working on a novel for awhile, and I'm on draft # 3. I forgot that writing is incredibly hard work. I actually made myself sick over it for a few days. I was having a hard time stopping, forever going over and over plot designs, characteristics, blah, blah, blah. I don't mean to talk about writing so much, but it's kind of my world at the moment. I would like to have some measure of success with it before I die. 

Otherwise, I've been trying to get into shape. I think that I'm beginning to see some results (I'm certainly feeling the aches!), but I feel hungry all the time. I'm trying to resist the snacking, but I feel so weak all the time without regular snacks. I did a little research, and it seems that this is normal, but I'm wondering when my metabolism will right itself and get used to more exertion on fewer calories. 

I'm pretty bored with California already. I mean, it's nice, the weather is nice, and I live in a great neighborhood. I really think that if I had stayed on the East Coast, I would never have re-pursued writing in the manner that I have, simply because I always felt so busy. Life definitely moves slower out here. Or maybe I'm just feeling a bit homesick. 

3 comments:

Agent M. said...

Wow! That is so cool that you're working hard on your novel. I'm excited for you. I wish I had some of your umph! Have you named it? I'd love to hear more about it. I think time does move slower out west; it's just more relaxed. The east coast, as lovely as it is, has such a go go go a hundred miles an hour vibe. I like the slower pace, but my entire family lives in the DC area, and without my sisters, Mom & Dad... I am lost.

Wandering Appalachian said...

I have named it, but that could change. After I finish this draft, I will probably want some readers for feedback...so if you're interested!!!!

There are things that I love about both coasts, but I admit, I'm loving the slower pace at the moment! :)

Anonymous said...

hi??