Monday, November 1, 2010

Birthday-nesss!

Best birthday ever! I was pretty down about the idea of turning 35....it's a new box to check for my age group. But really, that's all marketing drivel and a bunch of 'supposed tos' that I should ignore anyways! I'm going to stay positive about this!

Had an awesome Halloween and awesome birthday! Brunch on the beach at Brockton Villa (kinda disappointing, but still nice), sushi lunch, filet mignons and vegetables for dinner (and our bonehead neighbors called the fire dept on us! Ha!), then 3 Halloween celebrations where we dressed as Eric and Sookie from True Blood!

The next day, which was Halloween and my birthday, we made breakfast at home, went to the zoo, hung out some with Darwin, ate Thai for lunch, and opened presents!!! My husband got me a beautiful antique cameo-like flower pendant and the set that I'm wearing in the picture from Swarvoski!!!!! My in-laws were also nice enough to get me presents: a Le Creuset (!) baking pot, and a Nightmare Before Xmas calendar and A Fish Called Wanda. My parents got me a Dorie Greenspan cookbook, which I'm really excited to use.

We concluded the evening with a wonderful dinner of Steak Frites, Duck Confit, and Pistachio Bread Pudding and Pots du Creme at my favorite restaurant, Cafe Chloe!

No comments: