Monday, November 15, 2010

One year....

Today marks one year that I have lived in California. I can hardly believe it. The year seemed slow at times...incredibly fast at others. I wrote more here than I've written since grad school, and it has been nice (although I have been terrible about updating my blog!). Two subject-based blogs came out of a New Year's resolution and lack of activities (namely, a job) for the first 6 months. It's been an amazing year, full of exploration, cooking, excellent food and wine, and fun.

I went to Disneyland three times.
I went to Paris.
I went to San Francisco.
I really went to LA (had been there before, barely).
I ate tons of sushi.
I cooked bread like my grandma.
I got in shape.
I cut out processed foods and sugar almost entirely.
I enjoyed a pedicure for the first time (had gotten a terrifying one before!)
Tried many new wines.
I explored two wine countries.
I hiked in the desert.
I went to Comic Con!
I went to so many beautiful places that I never thought that I would see in real life.
I adjusted to Pacific time.

I'm looking forward to year 2!

No comments: