Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Victor/Victoria

As most of you know, the enormously brilliant Blake Edwards recently passed away. On the day I found out, I was thinking of all of the wonderful films that he’s made, including one of my absolute favorites, Breakfast at Tiffany’s. I believe that the film for which he is most famous is The Pink Panther, but he also did a number of other, although less well-known films, such as Switch and Micki and Maude.


Strangely enough, when I learned of his passing, the immediate film that came to mind was Victor/Victoria, which I haven’t seen in years. If you haven’t seen it, RENT IT NOW!

I won’t give away plot points except to say that it’s Julie Andrews as a woman posing as a male female impersonator. And Robert Preston completely steals the show. I’ll just leave you with this slice of gold!


No comments: